Monday, September 12, 2011

09.11.2001

I know I am a day late with this, but better late then never.  I want to take a moment to look back & reflect on the horrible day America encountered that beautiful Tuesday morning in September.  I remember that day perfectly, but I couldnt tell you what I did last Tuesday... All in all, I don't remember what it was like before 9/11 considering I was so young, but now I know the security, the war, the lives lost.

The lovely NYC skyline before 9/11
I never had the priveledge of seeing this for myself, but I did visit Ground Zero a few years following these events and I hope to visit NYC soon to see the new Ground Zero memorials that have been opened this past weekend.

The Horrific Day...


I know this is a horrible picture but I believe it should be shown.  These images are forevered scared in my head and I will never forget.  But it is an importand day in history & should be taught.

Later that day...



And finally Ground Zero on 09/11/2011 ten years later....


My favorite quote that has come out of all of this is spoken by former President Bush in a National Geograpic 09.11 interview special.  He said

"Eventually September 11th will be a date on the calendar like Pearl Harbor Day. But for those of us who lived through it, it will be a day we will never forget."

& I believe this is true, in another fifty years we won't memorialize 09/11 as we did yesterday but those who lived it will never ever forget.

1 comment:

  1. Love the you quoted Bush, I loved that he said that because it is so true. Ugh I hate those images, but we are strong and America will prevail against stupid terrorists. btw I miss you!

    ReplyDelete